Cross-cultural & Multilingual Research Affinity Group
We are AAPOR members who are professional practitioners, government researchers, university faculty members, and students.
Mission: Connect AAPOR researchers and leaders to facilitate a regular dialogue about improved methods, measurement, and research & publication opportunities.
Vision: Cultivate an environment where cross-cultural and multilingual research is visible and important to all survey and public opinion researchers.
Our Informal Motto: We can do it! We can do more! We can do more together!
- 2022: Data, Language, Diversity, and conference 3MC sessions
- 2021: Inclusive Language and Practice in Cross-Cultural and Multilingual Research and virtual conference 3MC sessions.
- 2020: Introduction to Survey Translation and Assessment Panel and virtual conference 3MC sessions
- 2019: cross-cultural and multilingual research
- WAPOR News: 2018 Special Issue on Questionnaire Translation: Many contributors are affinity group collaborators, including the special issue co-editors Dorothée Behr and Mandy Sha.
- 2017 June issue of Survey Practice. This issue is dedicated to cross-cultural and multilingual research and is guest-edited by Mandy Sha. The articles highlight current issues and practical guidance on questionnaire pretesting, research participation among racial and ethnic minorities, and non-English language Web survey design and testing. The authors are part of the cross-cultural and multilingual research affinity group and represent various organizations, sectors, tenure in the profession, and demographics of AAPOR membership. Read Editor-in-Chief’s introduction here.