AAPOR 78TH ANNUAL CONFERENCE
A record number of AAPOR members gathered in Philadelphia for the 78th Annual Conference around the theme of Working Together: The Essential Role of Public Opinion Research in Collaborative Science.
- 1,411 attendees – a record!
- 494 talks (78 of which were collaborative), 40 contributed panels, 92 posters, and five roundtables.
- Eight short courses: four virtual with an average attendance of 17 and four virtual with an average attendance of 20.
- A Plenary Discussion: How Can the Work of AAPOR Continue to Improve and Enhance Collaborative Science? Moderated by David Wilson, University of California, Berkeley, with speakers: L. Michelle Bennett, LM Bennett Consulting, Benjamin Jones, Northwestern University, and Shelle Sanchez, City of Albuquerque.
- Paul Beatty gave the Presidential address before the gavel was passed to Vice President Jennifer Agiesta.
- The 2023 Award for Exceptionally Distinguished Achievement was awarded to Dr. Timothy P. Johnson during the Annual Awards Banquet.