Application Submission Deadline: August 1, 2023
Survey Practice Call for Associate Editors
Survey Practice, AAPOR´s online journal, offers a forum for researchers to advance the day-to-day practice of survey research. Manuscripts are reviewed by our team of Associate Editors and published on a rolling basis.
Join our Editorial Team
We are currently seeking Associate Editors to join our Editorial Team. As an Associate Editor, you will:
- Review manuscripts and make publication recommendations using our online submission system. Manuscripts are assigned according to individual areas of expertise, with each Associate Editor typically reviewing 1-2 articles per month.
- Contribute ideas on the direction of the journal.
- Encourage high-quality submissions and generate ideas for existing and new sections, special issues, and other initiatives.
We encourage applications from candidates with multiple areas of interest, and with expertise in the following areas:
- Mixed-mode data collection
- Online surveys
- Data linkage and integration of survey and non-survey data
- Weighting in probability and nonprobability-based surveys
- Big data, artificial intelligence, and machine learning
- Qualitative research
This role is voluntary and does not provide financial compensation. Associate Editors are appointed for a renewable, two-year term.
We welcome applications from anyone with strong critical thinking skills and ability to provide constructive criticism. As part of Survey Practice’s goal to reach a diverse audience of survey researchers and pollsters and in line with AAPOR’s mission to promote diversity, we encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV and a one-page cover letter to Eva Aizpurua, Editor-in-Chief, at [email protected]. Your letter should address:
- Your specific areas of interest and expertise within survey research.
- Your previous editorial and reviewing experience.
- Name and contact information for one reference.
The deadline for applications is August 1, 2023.
For any additional information or questions, please contact Eva Aizpurua, Editor-in-Chief, at [email protected].